Agency clients value the expertise, quality, consistency, and convenience that an advertising agency provides, as well as the insulation we create between themselves and the many various media outlets and their sales representatives. By working with us directly and exclusively for all realms of advertising, creative marketing, public relations and media buying services, our agency clients find we can save them time and money, and reach their customers more effectively with a creative and consistent advertising message and campaign(s).
- Agency Representation Application: To qualify for advertising representation, we request basic business and financial information. All provided information will be treated as confidential and for internal use only. Sterling Media NW reserves the right to check credit references and credit reports with respect to evaluating its decision. If your business meets our criteria, your application will be submitted to our agency executives for consideration.
- Investment/ Contract: Upon agency approval, we will develop a customized marketing plan and budget outline for your business. We require a minimum monthly advertising and marketing budget for services of $5000 per month commitment and minimum 6-12 month time commitment unless it is campaign or project based. Most of our clients choose to have us work with them as an ongoing and developing relationship for many years. We find the longer we can work on development of an ongoing advertising and marketing plan for a client, the better the results and the better the return on investment. The more we can grow to know your company, the more we help your success grow.
- Retainer: Agency clients must provide a retainer at the beginning of each month to bill against for all media buys, ad design, website design & maintenance, video production & other creative services.
- Letter of Appointment: the Letter of Appointment is a standard form letter that agencies use and media outlets require that expresses that the advertising agency has been officially appointed as the Agency of Record for the advertising client and that the agency is thereby authorized to negotiate ad rates and place media buys and commercial traffic instructions, as well as allowing the advertising agency to be in communication regarding accounting and financial information. This also allows us to collect and review invoices and make payments for the advertising client. The Letter of Appointment (or L.O.A. in media speak) is not a binding contract, but more of a ‘permission slip’ from your company and our agency to the media partners that we work with. We also disclose guidelines for invoicing and payment as well as direct media salespeople not to contact you or your business directly, but rather to contact our agency representatives so that we can meet with you to discuss options and offerings from the various media sales reps when it’s convenient for you. We request that the client does not interject anything into the communications with media channels and other vendors whatsoever, other than to direct them to speak with our agency representatives. This will help avoid confusion and extra expenses or mistakes that can be very costly.
- Agency Commission: Agencies across the globe receive a 15% commission off of rates for gross costs for media purchases from media partners (i.e.: radio, TV, print media, outdoor, etc.). We negotiate the best deals we can leverage based on our relationships with our media partners and collective media budgets, and pass that savings on to the client, and the media pay us a 15% commission for taking care of everything for them.
- Media Buying: A minimum required project/campaign/monthly compensation for this service is $500, which covers our time in research, negotiating deals, fielding sales calls, correspondence, repairing errors, follow up, proof of performance from the media outlets, etc. A project/campaign/monthly media buy of $5000 qualifies for this fee due to the 15% agency discount all agencies receive from media outlets. i.e.: 15% of $5K=$500. In some cases, we will be wiling to take this amount in trade or direct payment against the monthly expenses to be incurred for media buying services at a minimum total equal to $500 collectively.
- Administrative Fee: All regularly invoiced clients will be charged a monthly administrative fee of $49 for our time in accounting, error checking, hard costs, communications to solve problems, locating missing invoices, our invoicing of collected services, A.R. services, and our bill paying to the media outlets on behalf of the advertiser.
- Discounted Rates: Agency Clients will receive a 10% discount or more on all creative services.